Preventive dentistry involves treatment and oral practices to promote dental health. It also protects you from dental diseases like decay or gum disease. Preventive dentistry can be followed by adopting healthy oral practices in your daily lives. It will be highly beneficial if a patient consults their hygienist once every six months for good oral health.
People who smoke or have diabetes should go in for more frequent consultations with their hygienists.
Why you need Preventive Dentistry Services?
Preventive Dentistry Services can help you seek early treatment for your dental problems before any complications arise. Everyone, including children and seniors, needs preventive dentistry services.
How does Preventive Dentistry Services benefit your dental health?
Preventive dentistry can benefit your dental health in various ways:
- It helps to prevent tooth decay, gum disease, and tooth loss. Regular check-ups with your hygienist will help detect any decay and get treated on time.
- It will promote healthy oral hygiene habits.
- The cost and time of treatment will be minimized.
- It will be beneficial for your overall health.
- There will be a significant reduction in dental problems associated with eating disorders, diabetes, and osteoporosis.
- It can help in the prevention and diagnosis of oral cancer.
What is Oral Hygiene?
Oral hygiene is the practice of keeping your mouth clean and free of diseases. Oral hygiene is the everyday side of dentistry. Follow these tips to maintain oral hygiene.
- Regular appointments with your hygienist.
- Brush your teeth twice a day.
- Use a standard mouth wash.
- Drink more water for your overall dental health.
- Floss your teeth, especially under dental bridges.
- The removable dentures should be kept in cleaning solutions.
- Acidic fruits, teas, and coffee can wear down tooth enamel. The intake of sugary snacks should be limited.
What is Preventive Dental Care?
Preventive dental services include routine oral examinations, X-rays, cleaning, and fluoride treatments. A standard appointment with the hygienist consists of benefits like:
- Periodontal disease screening and oral cancer exam.
- General examination and cleaning with a dental hygienist aimed at identifying and stopping early dental issues.
- X-rays to check dental restoration and overall dental health.
What oral care products should you use?
Adults should use a toothbrush with a small to the medium-sized head and soft to medium bristles. There is specially made toothpaste to help with plaque and gum disease for people with sensitive teeth. There are different types of mouthwashes consisting of anti-bacterial ingredients. All these products go a long way in maintaining the overall health of your mouth.
Several tests have revealed that electric toothbrushes with an oscillating rotating action are better than manual toothbrushes at removing plaque. Different brands of whitening toothpaste are readily available in the market.
If you are not sure what type of toothpaste to use for your teeth, you can consult with our hygienist for proper guidance.
Call us at 602-775-5656 Dental Design Studios or schedule an online appointment to know more about cosmetic Dentistry.